Building test cases in Selenium IDE primary require three techniques below.
The purpose of recording is to verify that Selenium IDE can identify web objects and also to simulate the test case steps. When Selenium IDE is first opened, the record button is ON by default. If you do not want Selenium-IDE to begin recording automatically you can turn this off by going under Options > Options... and deselecting “Start recording immediately on open.” Or you can just click on the button to disable the recording.
During recording, Selenium IDE will automatically insert commands into your test case based on your actions. Typically, this will include:
- clicking a link (use click or clickAndWait commands)
- entering values (type command)
- selecting options from a drop-down listbox (use select command)
- clicking checkboxes or radio buttons (use click command)
- Adding Verifications and Assert With the Context Menu
Selenium IDE has Menu bar, Base URL text box, Tool bar, Test Case pane, Command window and test Run or Failure status section.
The File menu has options for Test Case and Test Suite (suite of Test Cases). Using these you can add a new Test Case, open a Test Case, save a Test Case, export Test Case in a language of your choice. You can also open the recent Test Case.All these options are also available for Test Suite.
You can install Selenium IDE plug-in on Firefox by following the steps below:
(1) Open the site "http://seleniumhq.org" on your Firefox Browser.
(2) Click on the "Download" button on the top navigation menu.
(3) Find the Selenium IDE paragraph on this page, and then click on the link in blue: Download version 1.8.1 released on 01/June/2012.
Testers or test engineers can record their actions according to the test steps in test cases or scenarios. After installing Selenium IDE plug-in on Firefox, Selenium IDE will display under the Tools menu as shown on the picture below. You can star using Selenium IDE by clicking on the Selenium IDE under the Tools menu.