Selenium Webdriver Data-Driven Framework is where test input and output values are from data files (ODBC sources, CVS files, Excel files, and DAO objects) and are loaded into variables in captured or manually coded scripts.
In this framework, variables are used for both the input values and output verification values. The framework should include navigation through the program, reading of the data files, and logging of test status and information. All the processes should be in the test scripts. The framework should have the following features:
- Well defined architectural design
- Less time to test large data
- Script execution in multiple environments
- Easier, faster, and efficient analysis of result logs
- Communication of results
- Easy debugging and scrip tmaintenance
- Robust and stable due to error and exception handling
- 100% reliability of utility scripts, online execution and report packages.
Framework Architecture Design
Automation architecture package should include:
- Config - Keeps all the configuration files such as property files
- InputTestData - has files containing input data for application
- OutputData - Contains downloaded documentations, images, fetched data in excel
- TestReports - Contains ANT generated reports
- Util package - Should contain all generic functions & business functions such as email configuration settings and all other utilities
- TestLogs-Contain log file corresponding to tests
- DAO - Classes for accessing persistent storage, such as to a database
- Pages - Page classes for particular pages
The picture below displays general directory structure of the Framework.